Monday, August 18, 2008

Winter Wonderland

This morning we woke up to a garden and house blanketed in gleaming white snow! It is so beautiful. The boys have no idea what's going on and why their little tootsies are freezing and pulling great lumps of ice up with each step. We found them cowering under on of the big trees in the back paddock. Dino looked like he had been frozen in place and Brother, as usual, was just curious about everything. They were very grateful for the hay we gave them though as their primary food source is almost completely covered. Their water had a thick layer of ice over it and it just keeps refreezing so we'll have to keep a close eye on it.

The birds seem to love it. They're all swooping and diving around and the waxeyes got into a piece of frozen bread by the aviary. There is no stopping them!

I got so excited this morning. I thought Marty was joking when he said everything was white outside. I jumped up and went screaming down the hall onto the front lawn in my PJs and gumboots. Pete and Rach were thinking something really bad or really good had happened. I had to wake them up as well because it was just too good to be true! I am like a little kid.

Anyway, I'm off to help Marty finish the last of the chicken coop and then it's into Dannevirke for a spot of shopping.

Chau!





No comments: