Sunday, August 10, 2008

Alone again

Just a quickie as the time has flown tonight. I satyed up to watch the equestrian last night which turned out to be one dressage test at 2am and I was not happy. ONE dressage test was all the coverage we got. Grrr...

Anyway, a lot of work has been done this weekend, no thanks to me. Because of my late night last night I had a bit of a sleep in and woke to find everyone working busily. But their efforts will be rewarding. The chicken coop is almost ready to go standing proudly in the back paddock looking like a D.O.C hut. I will add photos once it is completely finished. But possibly this time next week we will have chooks laying happily.

I also took Dino for a much needed ride. He wasn't happy to be taken off the long grass in the bottom paddock on his own and neither was Brother who paced backwards and forwards the whole time we were gone, whinnying nervously (he has such a funny raspy whinny - so cute). Dino was so good. I made a make shift arena in the arena paddock and, inspired by the minimal equestrian I have seen from the Olympics, tried to do a bit of simple dressage with him. He did very well for an old boy who's been used primarily as a farm hack. I think he must have had some arena experience before.




And tonight we have made a little map of the land here. I love Google Earth. So here is our land...





Time for bed now though. The last of the new plants will be put in tomorrow and I think Marty is off to work if it's fine weather. And I will also fill you in on the events of the weekend.

Until then...

2 comments:

anna said...

Love the Google earth pic and the tuis - and the dressage display. Is the chicken coop finished? Ken Findlay advises Brown Shavers as the best of chickhens! Suzy O'Brien advised a much more aristocratic brand - the name of which i cannot remember but hopie I passed it on to you when the brain was working. Off to a meeting of my New New Zealanders project - at the home of marion McLeaod - Bill manhire's wife - this is about as close as I am ever going to get to being involved with writers.

Have a happy day - maybe we could compose out own 12 days of Christmas for the famr......xxxx A

anna said...

It took me three goes to get through the comments hooha!