Sunday, November 21, 2010

Pre Christmas catch up

"The time has come", the walrus said, "to clear some photos off the hard drive." So before that bloody walrus comes along and deletes everything I better put some photos up of the last few months.

So... what has been happening?? I have no idea. This year has raced away and now it's only a month until Christmas and I am amazingly unprepared... yet again. I have only just recovered from last Christmas and now we have to go through it all again. Is there a way to buy time? How much does it cost? Because I would seriously consider paying for some extra.

I chucked a saddle on Tigger a while ago and again today and she just stood there as though nothing was happening. I did the girth up today and she didn't bat an eyelid. She was much more interested in Mike and Marty carrying rakes around the garden. I didn't get a photos but she's very pretty now she has her summer coat....


I also put a saddle on Brother and lunged him and (for the first time while lunging) he actually had a spaz and threw his stupid pig jumping tantrum that has dislodged so many riders. But this time nothing came off his back so he got over it himself. It's strange but I think that's a good thing. So now at least he knows that whatever it is he is trying to remove doesn't always come off. And after that he was fine. We went for a wander around the paddock and he was pretty good. We haven't done anything with him for so long that I expected worse.

We're going to put an ad up for Brother. He's just sitting in a paddock here and no one wants to try and ride him so we'll give him away as a paddock mate. He's a pretty cool dude to have around so long as you're not on his back...


I went to Wellington a while ago and saw Dad and the earless Isos. He's doing pretty well considering he had to have his ears partially removed. He's an old lad but still the most awesome cat ever....


I went to see Alison do a X-country training day and it has made me even more determined to get back into eventing....


So I am looking for a new horse for myself. Not sure yet if I will sell Dino straight away but it may help financially. But I still need someone to babysit the youngsters. I'll have a think about it. It's not urgent that I sell him anyway and I would be much more worried about him finding a nice home. SO we'll see how that goes. I', also not rushing into buying another horse. I'm going to find a super good one but for a reasonable price so I may be more wise to wait until the end of the show season. But I'll be looking anyway.

We also had our inaugural bar party for a few people in the area. It was great! We lit a fire outside and had a BBQ and later on got into the cocktails... Falling Water was the signature drink for the night. It was a fantastic night....


Just a random photo of Sexy Rexy....


Mike has been staying here for the past 3 weeks and has been very helpful chopping wood (not at all aided by a mechanical heavy duty wood splitter.... pfft)....


But he has also been cooking delicious 5 star meals with as many wild ingredients as possible. And he's been teaching us how to make spectacular bread. His sourdough starter, lovingly named 'Mum', has been living in our kitchen and being fed regularly to make sourdough for the market on Sunday....


But we also had a 3 course meal the other day. Wild hare on a kumara mash as an entree....


and fish on a bed of beluga lentils and onion puree as a main with a homegrown cherry and chocolate souffle for dessert (unfortunately not photographed).

The next Sunday only Marty and I went to the market and we got stuck in a huge dust storm on our way down Snee Rd...


It's been great having Mike here though. There have been a lot of laughs....



But I think it is time for me to go now. My eye has been twitching for a few weeks now so I really need to sleep for 24 hours straight and then I'll be fine. Unfortunately I can't see that happening in the next wee while... probably not before Christmas. 2011 will be a restful year. That's my New Year's resolution. Rest and no stress. Calm and centred.

Ok, au revoir!

K :)

No comments: